Connecting to e-resources
Stanford Libraries provide access to thousands of electronic resources: e-journals, e-books, databases, and more. When you are accessing these resources via the Stanford network or using one of the library’s search tools, such as SearchWorks, no special steps are needed.
If you are off-campus (or not using the Stanford network), the Lean Library Access browser extension can help you connect to Stanford Libraries' content using our EZproxy server.
- Visit Lean Library website to download the extension.
- Select Stanford University from the list of institutions.
- Click Save to save your settings.
The extension will automatically detect when you are on a website that contains licensed content and will prompt you to log in using your Stanford credentials if needed.
Note: The extension supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome - version 62 and later
- Firefox - version 56 and later; Firefox ESR - version 59 and later
- Safari - version 11 and later
- Opera - version 51 and later.
If you are using an unsupported browser, you may install EZproxy Bookmarklet instead.
Lane Medical Library has additional tools and extensions for their resources.