Stanford is networked with libraries around the world to obtain materials that are not available at Stanford for faculty, students, staff and visiting scholars. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Need it now? Stanford probably has it!
To avoid cancellation of your request, please check if the item is already available:
- SearchWorks indicates if the book or source of the article/book chapter is available in our library stacks.
- Citation Linker is the best way to check for online access to a known article in our e-journal/e-books subscriptions or browse by e-journal title or subject.
- HathiTrust Digital Library offers online access to millions of titles; items digitized at academic and research libraries worldwide.
- Proquest Dissertation & Theses Global to download full-text dissertations and theses.
Article or book chapter PDF delivery
Fastest service - email delivery time varies by supplying library:
Whole book, microfilm, DVD or other media delivery
4-10 days (more if overseas) - postal delivery time varies by lending library:
- Request book/media through Interlibrary Borrowing - we will locate the nearest copy, fastest delivery and longest loan period (up to 1 year for faculty, grad students & academic staff). You will get an email when the item is available to pick up.
- Coming Fall 2017: Search and Request circulating books through BorrowDirect (BD). BorrowDirect provides a search across the combined inventory of 13 IvyPlus Libraries and UC-Berkeley. BD items have an absolute maximum loan period of 16 weeks; you will need to request another copy if you need the item longer. Requests that are placed in BD might be converted to a "Direct from Berkeley (RLCP)" supplied item for quicker access and/or longer loan periods for eligible users.
Researchers from the professional schools, please direct your requests: