Mnova workshops on Friday, 24 June 2016
You are invited to attend three Mnova workshops being held this Friday, June 24th, at the Swain Library. Please RSVP by sending email to email@example.com
- Session 1. Introduction on Mbook - Online Electronic Lab Notebook for Organic Chemistry. (9am-10am)
- Session 2. Training on Mnova Basic features ( 10:15-11:45 am)
- Session 3. Training on Mnova advanced features (1-2:30 pm)
Dr. Chen Peng and Dr. Silvia Mari from Mestrelab Research will be the speakers. Dr. Mari is a specialist in NMR-based metabolomics and she has taught many workshops. Dr. Peng, VP for Business Development for the U.S. and China, is an expert is using Mnova's products. Below are topics that will be covered in each session followed by more information about Mbook.
- What is Mbook and why it is focused specifically on the needs of synthetic chemists
- Mbook Inventory and Compound Database: molecular editor, molecular search (structure, name, CAS, …)
- Management Tools: Users and Groups, Projects, Reactions and Experiments, collaboration tools.
- Full integration of analytical data and all related data: spectra preview, structure confirmation, and reporting
Session 2. Training on Mnova Basic features ( 10:15-11:45 am)
- Mnova NMR: Quick processing and analysis of 1H NMR to get the list of chemical shifts and J-coupling constants in journal formats for publication, getting nice tables and pictures for presentation and publication
- Mnova NMR, NMRPredict and Verify: Processing and analysis of 1D and 2D spectra together to verify structures and assign chemical shifts
- Mnova MS: quick processing, analysis and publishing LC/GC-MS, potentially together with NMR data
Session 3. Training on Mnova advanced features (1-2:30 pm)
- Mnova NMR and qNMR: Metabolomics spectral analysis, quantitation, and chemometrics analysis. Will also introduce a new mixture analysis tool - Mnova SMA.
- Mnova RM: Using NMR to monitor chemical reactions and do kinetic studies
- Mnova DB: Creating, searching and sharing your own structure/spectral databases
What is Mbook and why should an organic chemist look at it?
- Mbook is an Electronic Laboratory Notebook which is focused specifically on the needs of synthetic chemists.
- It is web based, and therefore no software installation is needed (server can be hosted on the cloud or installed in-house).
- Mbook makes your chemistry digital and searchable and digital, so that you can easily find, share and publish experiments.
- Preloaded with over 2,000 common reactants and solvents, and with an Inventory function which allows you to track your stocks.
- Mbook allows you to easily attach files, including analytical files, to your experiments, and to generate reports with one click. All your chemistry in one single place, ready to be easily reported, reviewed or published.
- Mbook is priced at a very affordable subscription fee, especially for academic users (€10 ($11.32)/user/month for academic users, and €25 ($28.29)/user/month for industrial users).
For an overview of Mbook, please take a look at the video of Santi (Mestrelab Research's CEO) presenting at ACS. For more details about the application, please take a look at the White Paper of Mbook.