Join the 2022 Research Impact Challenge
This is a repost from the Lane Medical Library. For the original post, visit their blog.
What is the Research Impact Challenge?
The Research Impact Challenge is an annual event hosted by the Lane Medical Library. The event aims to get researchers thinking about ways to increase the impact of their scholarly work and to learn more about ways impact can be measured.
You’ll receive a series of five daily research impact challenges via email. Each daily challenge will offer quick, easy, impactful activities you can complete independently. Every day, you’ll have the choice of completing a task at three different levels of experience: entry, advanced, or expert. Participated last year? Join us again to discover new ways to increase your impact.
When is it?
September 12th to 16th, 2022
Where is it?
All the challenges are online, and can be completed at any time throughout the week.
By the end of the week, you’ll know how to:
- Efficiently keep track of your online scholarly presence
- Learn how to measure the impact of your work using a variety of metrics
- Increase the impact of your research within your field of study
- Enter to win promotion of your research by Lane Medical Library and a swag bag
This year, five winners will be chosen at random. Each additional day you participate in the Research Impact Challenge will count as an extra entry into the raffle. Each winner will:
- Be featured in a library blog post, which will be highlighted on the library homepage, included in the library newsletter, and shared via social media.
- Have the chance to showcase their scholarly work on the TV screens in the library.
- Receive a Lane Medical Library swag bag filled with Research Impact-related swag.
Challenge accepted? Sign up to participate!
Please reach out to Sam Wilairat, Research Communication Librarian, Lane Medical Library, with any questions about the challenge.