Chemical engineering resources for students
Table of Contents
New Chem & ChemEng Faculty Publications
Updated weekly, below are new articles by faculty in Stanford's Chemistry Department and Chemical Engineering Department from the Web of Science (WoS) database. Only users with a current SUNet ID can view full WoS records.
- Spreading of rinsing liquids across a horizontal rotating substrate
- Detecting and Controlling Dye Effects in Single-Virus Fusion Experiments
- A Myt1 family transcription factor defines neuronal fate by repressing non-neuronal genes
- Diffractive imaging of dissociation and ground-state dynamics in a complex molecule
- The CM carbonaceous chondrite regolith Diepenveen
- Electric fields and enzyme catalysis
- In-situ scattering techniques to study synthesis and crystallization processes of colloidal nanocrystals
- Uncovering the details of methane combustion on palladium catalysts using well-defined nanocrystal precursors
- Layered double hydroxide nanosheets decorated with metal or metal oxides for oxygen evolution and reduction reactions
- PotentialNet for molecular property prediction
- PotentialNet: Step-change improvement in ADME-Tox prediction with deep featurization
- Comparison of random forest and deep learning approaches for ADMET endpoint prediction
- Colloidal synthesis of powder catalysts with well-defined nanoparticle ensembles
- Density-dependent deactivation mechanism in supported catalysts by high-temperature decomposition of particles into single atoms
- Photocatalytic CO2 reduction using hybrid nanoporous catalysts
- Observing hydrogen intercalation into palladium thin films using in situ grazing incidence x-ray diffraction and x-ray reflectivity
- Nonadiabatic photodynamics of the retinal protonated Schiff base in channelrhodopsin 2
- Effects of polymer coatings on electrodeposited lithium metal
- Proton control in electrochemical ammonia synthesis
- Quantitative protocol for the electroreduction of N2 to NH3 under ambient conditions
- Gaseous carbon waste streams uilization: Status and research needs
- High-temperature crystallization of nanocrystals into three-dimensional superlattices
Futurity: news from leading research universities
- These drugs land EDM partiers in the hospital
- How investors can avoid the ‘infatuation effect’
- Gun retailers could help prevent suicide
- Being an omnivore is actually quite odd
- 39% of straight couples now meet online
- Brown fat may clear obesity-linked amino acids from blood
- College educated women drink more booze
- Could treatments for tinnitus target brain inflammation?
- How will self-driving cars deal with motion sickness?
- ‘Skeletons’ are key to quick object recognition
To find print and online books available at Stanford, use SearchWorks, the library catalog. To do a full-text search of ebooks and view chapters, select eBooks on xSearch. Subject categories in xSearch also include ebooks.
New chemical engineering books at Stanford
In the Library of Congress Classification Outline TP is Chemical Engineering.
Selected Library of Congress Subject Headings are grouped into four broad categories below.
When you click on a link, a saved search is run in SearchWorks showing you items the library has acquired to date that was given that subject heading.
General Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Engineering Village, PubMed, and SciFinder are indepth subject databases for engineering, medicine, and chemistry.
- Scopus and the Web of Science are broad multidisciplinary databases.
- xSearch searches multiple resources at one time and includes full-text sources such as ebooks, ejournals, and reference titles, as well as databases.
- Derwent Innovations Index and Espacenet are international patent databases with links to full-text.
- Derwent Innovations Index and Espacenet are international in scope and include links to the full-text.
- Both databases are included as resources in the Science and Engineering section of xSearch (see Advanced Search page).
- Patents are also included in SciFinder and are searchable by structure or chemical reaction.
- Because companies want to own the intellectual property from their research results, they publish in patents rather than in journals.
- Modeling Segregation in Granular Flows
- Harnessing Nature's Anaerobes for Biotechnology and Bioprocessing
- Perspectives on Low-Temperature Electrolysis and Potential for Renewable Hydrogen at Scale
- On Radical-Induced Ignition in Combustion Systems
- Polymer-Based Marine Antifouling and Fouling Release Surfaces: Strategies for Synthesis and Modification
- The Terrestrial Carbon Sink
- Transnational Governance for Mining and the Mineral Lifecycle
- Who Should Read This Journal?
- The Politics of Climate Change Adaptation
- China's Environment on a Metacoupled Planet
- The Economics of 1.5°C Climate Change
- Research On Degrowth
- Mapping Sea-Level Change in Time, Space, and Probability
- The Evolution of the UNFCCC
- The Effects of Tropical Vegetation on Rainfall
- Construction and operation of a multiplexed microfiltration device to facilitate rapid pathogen detection
- Factors Affecting Sedimentational Separation of Bacteria from Blood
- Oleaginous yeast Meyerozyma guilliermondii shows fermentative metabolism of sugars in the biosynthesis of ethanol and converts raw glycerol and cheese whey permeate into polyunsaturated fatty acids
- Real‐time quantification and supplementation of bioreactor amino acids to prolong culture time and maintain antibody product quality
- Whole cell biosynthetic activity of Komagataella phaffii (Pichia pastoris) GS115 strains engineered with transgenes encoding Chromobacterium violaceum ω‐transaminase alone or combined with native transketolase
- Removal of phosphate and nitrate ions aqueous using strontium magnetic graphene oxide nanocomposite: Isotherms, kinetics, and thermodynamics studies
- Optimization and assessment of an off‐grid photovoltaic–diesel–battery hybrid sustainable energy system for remote residential applications
- Adsorption and dissociation of H2 on Al4Sim (m = 2, 3, and 4) clusters
- The software tool to find greener solvent replacements, PARIS III
- Response surface optimization of acid pretreatment of cassava stem for bioethanol production
- A brief report and analysis on the July 19, 2019, explosion in the Yima gasification plant in Sanmenxia, China
- Risk mitigation of biodiesel production through the replacement of methanol by ethanol in the production process
- Expect the unexpected when thinking extreme weather
- Instructions to Authors
- Climate change and process safety
Includes encyclopedias and major reference works.
Site-licensed by Science Library
The Robin Li and Melissa Ma Science Library has purchased campus-wide site licenses for several products. Access to all of these products is limited to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.