Library resources for researchers using mass spectrometry.
Table of Contents
New Stanford theses using mass spectrometry
New library materials on mass spectrometry
Mass spectrometry subjects in SearchWorks
narrower term: Accelerator mass spectrometry
narrower term: Chemical ionization mass spectrometry
narrower term: Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
narrower term: Field desorption mass spectrometry
narrower term: Field ionization mass spectrometry
narrower term: Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry
narrower term: Ion cyclotron resonance spectrometry
narrower term: Matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization
narrower term: Molecular spectra
narrower term: Secondary ion mass spectrometry
narrower term: Tandem mass spectrometry
narrower term: Time-of-flight mass spectrometry
Databases with spectral peak searching
Please also see Databases section of this guide to use mass spec databases.
- <div>Electron attachment and electron ionization of helium droplets containing clusters of C<sub>60</sub> and formic acid</div>
- Design, construction and performance of a TOF-SIMS for analysis of trace elements in geological materials
- <div>Identification and quantification of cytotoxic phenolic acids and flavonoids in <em>Ixora brachiata</em> by UHPLC-DAD and UHPLC-ESI-MS/MS</div>
- <div>Interaction of (CCl<sub>4</sub>)<sub>n</sub> clusters with nanosecond and picosecond laser pulses at discrete wavelengths spanning from IR to UV region: A comparative study using TOFMS</div>
- Graphical abstract TOC
- Using LC-MS to Identify Clipping in Self-Assembled Nanoparticles During Vaccine Development
- 1,4-Benzoquinone as a Highly Efficient Dopant for Enhanced Ionization and Detection of Nitramine Explosives on a Single-Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer Fitted with a Helium-Plasma Ionization (HePI) Source
- Comparison of Clusters Produced from Sb 2 Se 3 Homemade Polycrystalline Material, Thin Films, and Commercial Polycrystalline Bulk Using Laser Desorption Ionization with Time of Flight Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry
- Top-down Mass Spectrometry of Sarcomeric Protein Post-translational Modifications from Non-human Primate Skeletal Muscle
- Lipid Alterations during Zebrafish Embryogenesis Revealed by Dynamic Mass Spectrometry Profiling with C=C Specificity
- Ion trap MS using high trapping gas pressure enables unequivocal structural analysis of three isobaric compounds in a mixture by using energy‐resolved mass spectrometry and the survival yield technique
- Immersion by rotation‐based application of the matrix for fast and reproducible sample preparations and robust results in mass spectrometry imaging
- Sample preparation strategies for high‐throughput mass spectrometry imaging of primary tumor organoids
- Defining the human kidney N‐glycome in normal and cancer tissues using MALDI imaging mass spectrometry
- Orbitrap mass spectrometry for monitoring the ganglioside pattern in human cerebellum development and aging
- MASS SPECTROMETRY FOR A HOLISTIC VIEW OF NATURAL EXTRACTS OF PHYTOTHERAPEUTIC INTEREST
- MASS SPECTROMETRY‐BASED PERSONALIZED DRUG THERAPY
- THE USE OF MASS SPECTROMETRY TO STUDY ZN‐METALLOPROTEASE‐SUBSTRATE INTERACTIONS
- MASS SPECTROMETRY IN VIROLOGICAL SCIENCES
- IDENTIFICATION OF MHC PEPTIDES USING MASS SPECTROMETRY FOR NEOANTIGEN DISCOVERY AND CANCER VACCINE DEVELOPMENT
- Drug Metabolite Identification using UHPLC UV Spectroscopy and Parallelized Scans on a Tribrid Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer
- The Effect of Processing Medium on The 2H/1H of Carbon‐Bound Hydrogen in α‐Cellulose Extracted from Higher Plants
- Quantification of glyphosate and AMPA from microbiome reactor fluids
- An ultrasound‐assisted sample preparation method of carbonatite rock for rare earth elements determination by ICP‐MS
Protocols & methods
Mass spectrometry > methods
Stanford's access to Mnova software
We have a campus-wide site license to MNova software that includes many of their plugins. If you have questions or need help, please contact Grace Baysinger. We renewed our license agreement which is valid through 2/14/2021.
License keys: The 2020 license keys are available to current students, faculty, and staff at Stanford. To get the license keys, please send a request to Grace Baysinger, Aparna Sharma, or Cristina Flores-Herrera using your @Stanford email address. Please also include your Stanford ID number in the request.
Note: to activate the software you must be on campus or connected via VPN. Please also note that the software "checks-in" with the license key server every 90 days. If your license key is not being recognized, try connecting to the campus network using VPN to see if this fixes the problem. If the problem still persists, please contact Grace Baysinger.
MNova app for tablets is also available for all current students, faculty, and staff at Stanford. After filling out this form, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions on how to get started.
Training and support: Please see getting started resources, manuals and webinars plus Mestrelab's YouTube Channel to learn more about using Mnova. There are also three presentations in Stanford's Box (document storage space):
Download software and plugins
MestReNova or Mnova is a multipage, multivendor, multitechnique, and multiplatform analytical chemistry software suite designed as a container for using Mnova plugins. The NMR, MS, NMRP, Verify, and DB client plugins are integrated into Mnova so they don't need to be installed separately. You just need to activate them using the license keys. Be sure to check out what's new in Mnova.
Please note: to activate the software you must be on campus or connected via VPN.
||Mac, Windows, & Linux Versions. Software includes NMR, MS, NMRP, Verify, and DB client plugins.||Download Mnova|
|ElViS||Designed to visualize, process, analyze and report various electronic and vibrational spectroscopic techniques: ultraviolet and visible, near and mid infrared, Raman, fluorescence, and other spectroscopic methods operating in the whole region of wavelength from 100 nm to 100 µm.||Download ElVIS|
|NMR plugin||NMR processing, analysis, simulation and reporting at your fingertips.||in Mnova|
|MS plugin||Processing & analyzing LC/GC/MS data made simple.||in Mnova|
|NMRP plugin||Prediction of NMR spectra from molecular structure; allows auto-assignments if combined with Mnova NMR.||in Mnova|
|Verify plugin||Automatic Structure Verification that really works. It works in combination with Mnova NMR ( or Mnova MS) and NMRPredict.||in Mnova|
|qNMR plugin||Arrive at optimal concentration or purity values.||Download qNMR|
|RM plugin||Simple, facilitated extraction of spectroscopic and chemical kinetic concentration data to help analyze reaction monitoring data.||Download RM|
|DB client plugin||A new concept for the shared storage of molecules, NMR and LC/GC/MS analytical data and other Mnova objects.||in Mnova|
Download Mnova DB server plugin - license expires 2/14/20
Mnova DB is an effective, fully integrated, multiplatform environment for the storage, indexing and searching of analytical chemistry data (NMR, LC/GC/MS and molecular structures). While the client side remains the same and integrated in Mnova, there are three versions of the DB Server plugin. Select the one that best fits your needs. Please contact me if you are currently using Mnova DB and need access to it in the future.
||Description||Windows Download Options (.exe installer)
||Mac & Linux Download Options (.jar installer)
||It is a solution for individual users. Runs only on SQLite and accepts only Mnova connections from the local computer.||version 1.8.2 MyData (Win)||version 1.8.2 MyData (Mac/Linux)|
||Runs only on SQLite and accepts connections from anywhere.||version 1.8.2 DB Group (Win)||version 1.8.2 DB Group (Mac/Linux)|
||Runs on any DB backend and accept connections from anywhere.||version 1.8.2 DB Enterprise (Win)||version 1.8.2 DB Enterprise (Mac/Linux)|
Site-licensed by Science Library
The Robin Li and Melissa Ma Science Library has purchased campus-wide site licenses for several products. Access to all of these products is limited to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.