Truth, Lies, and Contestation: Rhetorics of Sexual Victimization and Survival
A guide for PWR 1LC: Truth, Lies, and Contestation: Rhetorics of Sexual Victimization and Survival
Table of Contents
Primary and Secondary Sources: Good places to start
- Government and NGO Policy Resources
- UN Women Global Database on Violence Against Women : The global database is a unique “one-stop site” for information on the following types of measures undertaken by Governments to address violence against women.
- World Health Organization Health Topic: Sexual Violence
- Overview of the annual report on sexual harassment and violence at the military service academies : hearing before the Subcommittee on Military Personnel of the Committee on Armed Services, House of Representatives, One Hundred Fifteenth Congress, first session, hearing held May 2, 2017
- Link to a search of US Legislative and Executive documents from 1990-current related to sexual violence, harassment, or rape. Includes congressional hearings, bills, public laws, congressional research reports, senate and house floor remarks, and more. Click on the search icon to get the current results.
- Personal Narrative
- Surviving the silence : Black women's stories of rape 
- Shout out : women of color respond to violence
- After silence : rape and my journey back
- Link to a search of Statistical Insight Database for data from the last 10 years related to sexual violence. Click on the search icon to complete the search. Look at the limiters on left to choose how you want the data broken down; source of the data (Federal agencies; international organizations, etc.); and subject of the report.
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Sexual Violence, Stalking, and Intimate Partner Violence Victimization — National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, United States, 2011. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, September 5, 2014, Center for Disease Control.
- Annual reports on Stalking from United States. Office of Justice Programs. Office for Victims of Crime. 2017 report
- Special Report (revised) Stalking Victims in the United States. Office of Justice: Bureau of Justice Statistics 2012
- Sexual Violence
- Annual reports on Sexual Violence from United States. Office of Justice Programs. Office for Victims of Crime. 2017 report
- Analysis using Statistical Data: Sexual Violence: Beyond the Feminist-Evolutionary Debate. Evaluates national victim survey and police data to test hypotheses about victim-targeting in rape incidents.
- Sexual Harrassment: Directions in sexual harassment law [electronic resource]
- Legal Perspective
You can find most of the information in these resources somewhere online but the advantage of looking in a volumen is that you get the context of the topic in perspective of the larger concept.
Selected Searchworks Subject Terms
The databases near the end of this list are databases of government information -- congressional, law, reports and articles.