About the Maker Bar
Welcome to the Maker Bar, a library space for hands-on tinkering and prototyping, open to all Stanford students, faculty, and staff. We have fabrication equipment available to use within the library. Many of our Maker Bar items are also available for check out so you can tinker wherever and whenever you prefer. Need assistance? Our Maker Bar Team is available for support and consultation.
MakerBar Business Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. Have questions about borrowing equipment, designing 3D objects, or anything else about fabrication?... Feel free to stop by the MakerBar! The MakerBar schedule can vary, but we try to keep the latest info about our Drop-In Hours on this page and update it frequently. Feel free to stop by during business hours or email us for an appointment:
|Monday||8pm-10pm (or by apppointment 10am-3pm)|
|8pm-10pm (or by apppointment 10am-3pm)|
|Wednesday||8pm-10pm (or by apppointment 10am-3pm)|
|Thursday||9pm-10pm (or by apppointment 10am-3pm)|
|Friday||3pm-5pm (or by apppointment 10am-3pm)|
Check out a 3D printer!
Many of our Maker Bar items are available for check out. This includes some of our 3D printers, electronics, and other maker tools. These items can easily fit into the trunk of a car, and we have hand carts available to help you transport these back to your workspace.
The Maker Bar equipment
- Dremel 3D20 3D Printer (for check out)
- MakerBot Sketch 3D Printer (for check out)
- MakerBot Method X (in-library use or submit a print job)
- MakerBot Replicator+ 3D Printer (in-library use or submit a print job)
- Creality Ender 3 Pro (in-library use only)
Other maker tools
- Take the EHS-4200-WEB safety class (a one-time requirement). We will ask you to provide a photo of your completion confirmation when you submit your equipment request.
- Read and agree to the liability waiver. Please bring a signed copy when you pick up your equipment.
- Submit your equipment request (SUNet ID Required).
- We will contact you to arrange a pickup time.
Support and FAQs
Demos and Unboxing Videos
- Makerbot Replicator+ and Dremel 3D20 3D Printers
- Microprocessor Kit
- Electronics Kit
- Folding Handcart and Trolley Cart
- All Videos
Dremel 3D Printer Support
Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine