I handle preventive preservation tasks, including environmental monitoring; Integrated Pest Management; preservation outreach and education; maintenance of the collections emergency response plan and supplies inventory; and other special preventive preservation projects. I also support Conservation Services and Binding & Finishing by sourcing necessary conservation and archival supplies.
- Post Graduate Certificate, Archives and Records Management, Simmons College, Boston
- MLIS, Drexel University, Philadelphia
- BA English, Suffolk University, Boston
- Member, American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (2019 - Present)
- Member, Society of American Archivists (2019 - Present)
- Member, Society of California Archivists (SCA) (2018 - Present)
- Communications and Outreach Committee
More about me
I am an Alabama native and have held many broad-ranging positions throughout my career, from Head Children's Librarian at a large public library system to Instruction Librarian and Access Services Supervisor at the University of Alabama Huntsville. I have a passion for cultural heritage preservation and love participating in outreach activities to share my enthusiasm for libraries and archives. While at Stanford I have worked on special projects, such as photographic negatives condition assessments, and I am keen to learn more about photographic processes and the preventive preservation of photographic prints and negatives. Additionally, I have recently served as an archival processing intern at the GLBT Historical Society Museum & Archives in San Francisco and at The Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts at Stanford.