The mission of the Stanford Geospatial Center is to support the use of geospatial data and technologies in research and teaching at Stanford University, whatever that means at any given moment. Our goal is to provide expert instruction, consulting and data services to the Stanford University research community. As a part of the Stanford University Library system, The Stanford Geospatial Center serves the entirety of the Stanford University community, without regard to departmental affiliation or status, and our services are open to any Stanford University affiliate with current library circulation privileges.
We seek to accomplish our mission through the provision of:
- Instruction in geospatial software and data management, creation and analysis
- Expert spatial data consulting services
- Access to state-of-the-art spatial data infrastructure
- Access to high quality and authoritative spatial data
- Access to high-quality and specialized computing facilities
Follow the links below or in the side bar to the left to find out more about our services, or contact us with any questions or to set up an initial consultation.