Access during COVID-19
Academic Year 20/21
Access to the Special Collections Reading Room is by appointment only and is restricted to the following current Stanford ID cardholders*: students, post-docs, professors (including emeriti), all staff, fellows, and Stanford visiting scholars.
- You can only visit Special Collections in order to use materials that are restricted to the reading room.
- You must first request those materials in SearchWorks.
- Once the materials have arrived at the reading room, you’ll be notified with instructions for making an appointment.
Before you come into Green Library, make sure you:
- Make an appointment using your My Library Account.
- Complete the COVID-19 Hygiene Best Practices, EHS-2470-WEB in STARS.
- Prior to coming to campus each day, use the Stanford Health Check Tool to self-report your health status.
- Be prepared to display your Stanford Health Check Tool status:
- Do not come to the library if you are sick or feel unwell.
- Do not come to the library if you are under self-isolation orders by the university or a medical professional. Access to the Libraries will be denied until your isolation period is over.
New procedures in the Special Collections Reading Room during COVID-19
- Seating is one person per table at all times.
- Face coverings are required for all patrons, including those who are fully vaccinated, as per Stanford University policy.
- Wash hands before entering and re-entering reading room.
Please note existing procedures that are still in force:
- Blue note paper and pencils are available for note taking
- Only these items are allowed in the Reading Room: personal computers, pencils, tablets, phones (for photography only). All other personal items are to be stored in a locker.
- Return Special Collections materials with ample time to access lockers before closing, and retrieve personal belongings only when the locker area is clear of other patrons