How to request materials
- Request materials at least two full business days before planned use.
- 5 box per day limit.
- Materials do not circulate.
Page via our SearchWorks catalog
- Search for and open the collection record.
- On the left side is a "request onsite access". This will prompt you to choose the item or specific boxes as well as enter a planned date of use. The boxes WILL ARRIVE on the morning of the entered planned date of use.
- For class visits to Special Collections:
- Please page your materials at least a week in advance of the scheduled class visit to allow enough time for Special Collections to retrieve your items, organize them on a class cart, and otherwise help you prepare for the visit
- Follow the instructions above for paging materials via SearchWorks
- In the prompt, after you have clicked the "request onsite access" button, in addition to the item specifications and planned date of use, please include a note describing which class it is for (faculty name and class number)
- We ask that you page only the materials that you plan to use in class, following the guidelines for the room booked for the class visit
Books: For individual patrons, books currently require two days to retrieve, please plan accordingly. If any delay occurs during the paging process, Special Collections will be in contact with you to provide a revised retrieval estimate. We ask that if you are paging for a class visit, that you complete your requests at least a week in advance of the scheduled visit.
Manuscripts and Archives: Materials will arrive on the morning of "planned date of use" when requested through Searchworks.