Access and privileges
University Visiting Scholars
Use your Visiting Scholar Campus ID Card to access the Libraries and to borrow library materials. If you need to borrow items the same day that you receive your Campus ID Card, please submit the Visiting Scholar Borrowing Activation form, otherwise borrowing privileges are automatically activated overnight. You may also use the form to request a spouse access-only Stanford Libraries card.
If you are ineligible for a Campus ID Card, you may qualify for a Stanford Libraries Short-Term Visiting Scholars card.
- Unlimited check-outs (borrowing periods vary by library and item type)
- Off-campus access to online library resources
- Spouse/domestic partner access-only
- Stanford Libraries card Interlibrary borrowing (article and book delivery from other university libraries)
- Locker in Green Library
You’re not eligible for:
- Faculty study room assignment
- Proxy Stanford Libraries Card
For any questions or concerns, please contact Privileges.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Cards for access & borrowing
- Borrower responsibilities
- Libraries with special policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges