Access and privileges
Staff (50-100% FTE), fellows, and residents from Stanford Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital are eligible to use the libraries. Eligible staff members (50-100% FTE) can also request borrowing privileges. You must complete the online application for a Stanford Libraries library card before you visit; no walk-ins will be accepted. You can check out a limit of 25 items with your Stanford Libraries Card.
Stanford Libraries Hospital library cards cost $10, charged as a one-time fee to your library account. Lost card replacement fee is $25.
You are not eligible for:
- Off-campus access to e-resources (but you may have access through Lane Medical Library)
- Interlibrary borrowing services (but you may be eligible for Lane Medical Library services)
- Proxy Stanford Libraries Card
- Locker in Green Library
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Libraries with special access policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges