Access and privileges
Short-term visiting scholar
Short-term visiting scholars are eligible for some Stanford Libraries services. A short-term visiting scholar is hosted by a University department, but does not meet the official University Visiting Scholar requirements.
In order to use the Libraries, your host department must submit the Short-term visiting scholar library card application form. The application requires approval from the host department chair. A recent photo of you must be submitted with the form. The Libraries card is valid for up to 90 days.
The short-term visiting scholar library card includes:
- Access to Library buildings.
- Borrowing privileges for up to 25 items, requires host department permission and a four-week or longer visit.
- Use of a locker in Green Library, subject to availability.
The short-term visitor libraries card does not include:
- A SUNetID, email, or off-campus access to e-resources. Your host department may sponsor these.
- Use of faculty study rooms in Green Library, proxy borrowing cards, spouse cards, or interlibrary services.
Please contact Privileges with questions.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Libraries with special access policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges