Borrow, renew, return
Course reserves are resources set aside for a specific course. They are shared by all the students in the course for short-term or limited-access use.
Fall 2021: Course reserves are temporarily located in the Media/Microtext Center, Green Library, lower level.
Finding reserved items
- Visit the Course Reserves page in Searchworks. (Your instructor may have materials in Canvas, too.)
- Browse or search by Course ID, description, or instructor name.
- Click the course ID to see the reserve list.
Using reserved items
- Loan periods are usually short (as little as two hours).
- Some libraries permit overnight use of course reserves.
- You cannot renew course reserves on My Account. You must return them to the circulation desk. You may be able to check them out again if no one is waiting.
- Some electronic resources allow just one user at a time.
- Be considerate to your classmates. Exit, log off, or return the item when you are finished.
- Late fines are steep! $1 per hour, up to $30 maximum per item, plus fees and replacement costs.
Use the Course Reserves Form to place resources on reserve for your course.
- If the library doesn't currently have a resource, you can include it on your Course Reserve Form and we will order a copy.
- If you would like to place personal materials on reserve, complete the Course Reserves Form and deliver them to the library. Include your contact information and instructions for returning them to you at the end of the quarter (via Interoffice mail or otherwise).
- Digital reserves materials may be subject to checkout limits such as number of simultaneous users and circulation periods, just like traditional physical materials.
Contact us for assistance finding resources or using the Course Reserves Form.