Photography in Library buildings
To protect our patrons' privacy and ensure their quiet enjoyment of our library spaces, photography and videorecording is prohibited within library buildings without the express written permission of the University Librarian.
If you wish to take photographs or video in the library, please complete the request form below, and submit it to the University Librarian. You can also submit completed request forms in Green Library, room 101. Note that review of your request may take several days, so please plan ahead.
Request for permission to photograph or film
Note that this request is for permission to photograph or film and does not release you from copyright or other license restrictions for use or display any library materials. You must also separately request releases from any individuals you wish to film or photograph and submit these forms in advance of your shoot.
Photo and video release
For more information about photography on campus, see Stanford University Communications: Film, Photography and Video Requests.
- Conduct policies
- Workplace and sponsored conference conduct
- Service and support animals
- Photography in Library buildings
- Guidelines to counsel & researchers seeking discovery from Stanford Libraries
- Statement on patron privacy and database access
- Takedown protocol for sensitive information in Stanford digital collections